Connecting with the Digital Consumer
Date: April 28, 2011
Round One: 9:00-10:30 a.m.
Gene Reznik (Moderator)
Communications Industry lead
Carla Kinugawa (Moderator)
CRM lead, Latin America
Senior Vice President,
Customer Solutions Delivery
Director of Client Relations
Paulo Cesar Teixeira
Chief Operations Officer
No other industry can compare to communications service providers in their ways to reach customers: through their field force, on the web, in retail stores and call centers, and in the home. Gene Reznik, leader of Accenture’s Global Communications Industry group, challenged industry executives with these questions:
- How can companies form stronger customer relationships?
- How can companies harness the growing volumes of consumer information?
- How can companies transform that information into meaningful customer experiences and profitable interactions that keep customers coming back?
Executives shared examples of what their companies have done well to strengthen customer relationships:
- Oi is leveraging call centers to create a positive customer experience, while implementing a different strategy for a multi-channel platform. The challenge: improving the company’s two technical support centers, which are at the core of the company’s strategy for reaching the new, convergent consumer.
- TELUS has renegotiated its labor contracts to prepare professionals for the challenge of connecting to today’s customers. Accenture research in this area shows significant consumer demand for integrated technical support that transcends any one device or family of devices. The communications service provider can and should position itself to be the backbone of the digital home.
- VIVO is moving from a traditional model to a digital model in which personalization is a key element. The company puts a lot of value on the physical retail channel (see related Accenture research): the company now has more than 230 stores. In an era when interactions are increasingly digital, the physical retail channel remains a very important way to drive customer loyalty, competitive differentiation and— ultimately—profitable growth.
By seamlessly integrating customer information across many various channels and leveraging the intelligence that integration provides, companies can provide a memorable, connected experience for customers—an experience that will keep them coming back. For more information: